Interested in joining the SWB team this summer? We are hiring interns to help us implement our summer programs. Positions include Youth Development Interns and Nonprofit Management Interns. See below for more details about each position. To apply, please send a current resume and cover letter detailing your interest in the position to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Youth Development Intern will work closely with the Director of Coaching, and Assistant Coach and Youth Development Associate. Summer responsibilities specifically entail daily programming at Summer Camp, the International Summer Academy, and High School Academy.
This position requires a commitment of 30 hours per week. The start date for this position is June 15th, 2016 and terminates August 8th, 2016. The daily schedule will be 9:00AM to 4:30PM, Monday – Thursday.
- Assist with direct programming relating to soccer
- Organize and inventory equipment
- Have water on site and ready
- Help prepare for daily activities, lay out daily sessions, and assist with equipment set up
- Help distribute and manage meal time
- Clean up cafeteria
- Prepare for the next day
- Help prep Youth Workers for next day
- Assistant soccer coach
- Teambuilding facilitator
- Help with attendance
- Outdoor activities coordinator
- Summer Camp Assistant
- Assist with tournament coaching and logistics (8/5 – 8/7)
The Nonprofit Management Intern will work closely with the SWB Director, Casey Thomas. The Nonprofit Management Intern will have duties on both the Administrative and Programmatic Teams. Special projects will include academics research; curriculum development; events planning; communications projects; monitoring and evaluation of programs; and other relevant projects.
This position requires a commitment of at least 24 hours per week. The start date for this position is June 15th, 2016 and terminates August 8th, 2016.
- Assistant in developing an SAT Prep curriculum for implementation with high school participants
- Develop infographics that clearly present outcome data
- Assist in development comprehensive communications plan and portfolio
- Assist in event planning, ambassador recruitment, and fundraising efforts
- Research anti-bullying strategies and develop recommendations for SWB